Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wednesday Date

Wednesday started off a little later than planned as I could hardly drag my buns out of bed- but once I did I got several new applications completed and then hopped on the overground to go see Sandy for a coffee on Brick Lane!

It was a great time. Lots of chatting was had, we stayed until it was closing time and then ran across the way for some take home sushi, that we hurriedly devoured upon arriving back at her flat..Sadly, this still includes the grungiest roommates around- luckily they were not in at the time as they are referred to as 'the funk' by both sandy and Josh. A very a propos name I must add as they are beyond smelly and dirty as far as I can tell with my boots still on in their living room, because there is no way either of us is placing a sock- let alone bare foot in any common living space.

After a lovely evening of sharing interests and anecdotes Sandy walked me to the nearest station and we said farewell. Although I had planned to be back in my hood in time to get groceries- this was not the case so I scrambled back from the station in a bit too much darkness for my liking and greeted Alexia and Phil who were having their usual Wednesday romp and dine.

I retired to my quarters sent off a few more e-mails and then was about to complete my final bedtime rituals when I swung my feet off the bed and in my periphery do I not spot The Largest black spider I have ever seen in real life. I smashed it continuously only for it to slowly unfurl before I suffocated it with tissue from the box I have been bludgeoning it with. I ran up the stairs with its carcass and flushed it, twice for good measure, and then had so much adrenaline flowing I could hardly fall asleep!

Usually, I am not squeamish about bugs and arachnids alike but this one had real personality and just made me think how many of these babies are cruisin' around my new abode.... nnnasty

Undoubtedly, today I am up late- but to a sunny, gorgeous day in London, and I have yet to decide what I will do with it!

Clear skies and clear minds- off for an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment